|Job Information || |
- Certified or Registered Medical assistant
- EXCELLENT Administrative and Computer Skills (OUTLOOK/EMR)
- EXCELLENT Organizational and Prioritizing Skills
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Must be able to work in a VERY FAST PACED SURGERY OFFICE
- Energetic and willing to learn within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with providers, patients and families via phone and in person.
- Assist physician to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Set up for procedures and examinations.
- Maintain adequate stock of medications and supplies.
- Keep rooms and equipment clean between procedures.
- Obtain lab test and other reports for physician review.
- Schedule and Order tests.
- Precert tests and surgeries.
- Obtain vital signs, ascertain seriousness of patient complaints and begin appropriate measures and document in patient record.
- Collect, label and document lab specimens.
- Triage Patient phone calls.
- Provide physician instructions.
- Notify hospital or skilled nursing facility of physician orders.
- Schedule patients for tests and/or to other physician offices.
- Contact patient of test results or surgeries.
- Contact pharmacy regarding orders/changes,etc.
- Perform other tasks as needed to assist physician.
- Current Medical Assistant License.
- Knowledge of Medications and effects.
- Ability to develop and communicate self-care programs.
- Skill and Knowledge of various surgery equipment and surgery treatment procedures.
- Complete charts, charge tickets, review and verify Codes for physician charges.
- Maintain Quality OSHA Controls/HIPAA compliant.
- Sterile techniques and process.
- Current Medical Assistant License ( must be kept current in order to retain position).
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position
- Days: Monday thru Friday
- Hours: varies
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that may be faced by a Medical Assistant throughout their scope of employment. To conduct this position properly, applicants must be able to complete the following list of physical tasks. Reasonable accommodation will be available for those individuals with disabilities, and are not able to complete the following tasks.
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Lifting objects, possibly weights in excess of 30 pounds
- Bending, reaching, and twisting
- Ability to assist and support patients in transfer from exam rooms, out of wheelchairs, onto exam tables, during the exam process, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as needed
By signing this job description, I acknowledge that I understand the requirements of my job.
Employee Signature_____________________________ Date:______________________