|Job Information || |
Patient Service Representative provides customer service, in person as well as with telephone etiquette, greets patients and visitors upon arrival to clinic, schedules appointments, maintains medical records, verifies insurance, and ensures that experiences with our office are held to a superior standard.
Knowing that surgery is a stressful time, it is important to confidently provide excellent customer service.
Essential Functions: ·
- Primary responsibility is to provide excellent customer service to patients, referring physicians, and anyone that calls our office. ·
- Perform front offices duties including, but not limited to: checking in patients and visitors for appointments and meetings, collecting co-pays, deductibles and self-pay balances.
- Direct patient flow to ensure clinic efficiency; monitor waiting room.
- Verifies demographics and insurance, and obtain referrals/authorizations prior to visit.
- Closing out end of day reports, collecting all money received to balance with reports, then submitting to CBO. ·
- Send appropriate paperwork and/or letters to patients regarding appointments. ·
- Schedule appointments and maintain clinic schedules for multiple physicians. ·
- Maintaining multi-line phone system; obtaining appropriate information to transfer calls to proper person. ·
- Maintain patient records and process medical record request following HIPAA guidelines. ·
- Scanning patient records into EMR. ·
- Distribute dictated office notes and letters to referring offices. ·
- File patient data upon receipt of information. ·
- Performing data entry, copying, faxing, emailing. ·
Performing other duties as requested Qualifications:
- Medical Terminology, specifically related to Vascular and General Surgery Interpersonal/human relations skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Organizational skills.
- Electronic Medical Record.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment PSR 01/12/2016.
Work Days/Hours: · This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position · Days: Monday thru Friday · Hours: varies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements listed are representative of those that may be faced by a Patient Services Representative throughout their scope of employment. To conduct this position properly, applicants must be able to complete the following list of physical tasks. Reasonable accommodation will be available for those individuals with disabilities, and are not able to complete the following tasks.
- Sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Lifting objects, possibly weights in excess of 30 pounds.
- Bending, reaching, and twisting. ·
- Ability to assist and support patients in transfer from exam rooms, out of wheelchairs, onto exam tables, during the exam process, etc. ·
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as needed.
Employee Signature_____________________________ Date:______________________ By signing this job description, I acknowledge that I understand the requirements of my job.